Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:59:22 -0500

Ben Parker wrote:
> These headers (which conform to RFC 2369) were added in a Post-14.4 build
> release.  This is why they do not appear in Release Notes.

I this the stuff that has started showing up in LSTOWN-L postings as
sort of a footer, but which can't be, far as I've seen, reproduced short
of a screen save/print"  Looks something like this:
       [ Note: This message contains eamil list management information. ]
            (highlighted, clickable: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

I suppose that is controled by these header lines:

Interesting.  Question.  Will that stuff appear in *every* item in a list
digest?  I never used the top_banner because it appeared in every item in
the digest.  I did use bottom_banner when it appeared only in the digest
"index" but quit using it when it started appearing in *every* posting in
the digest (total waste, for my digests).

If is is to be installed "site wide" will there be an option for individual
lists to turn it off?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]