Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:47:30 -0600
On Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:01:09 -0500, "Thole, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We just got Microsoft Outlook on the campus network.  I find that forwarding
>subscription requests back to Listserv does not work.  Does Outlook add
>something to forwarded messages that is not visible when messages are forwarded
>to other Outlook user on campus?  I suppose there is something on Outlook to
>turn off, but neither I nor the staff here can figure out what to turn off.

Welcome to the wonderful world of MS Outlook "Features".  Outlook very kindly
inserts '>' chars in front of the text quoted when you forward a message,
*after* you send the message so this renders it useless to LISTSERV.  The work
around is to use the mouse/cursor to select the entire original message, save
it to the Windows clipboard, and paste it into a new message to LISTSERV, then
make whatever modifications and send it.