Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:27:50 -0400
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Pauline M. Gabriel wrote:

> Okay, this one should be easy for all you out there to answer.  I
> am looking to putting a 'monthly reminder' to my list for things like
> policies, etc that I want to drill into everyone's heads (but not on a
> message-by-message basis as it would be too much), and I am
> pretty sure there is a way to do this, but I can't recall off the top of
> my head how to do this.  My first thought was to put it in my probe
> message, but then it won't go out to everyone, only those that are
> inactive.....so now my mind is swimming.
>
> Anyone able to throw my mind a lifesaver today?  TIA.

This really isn't a function of Listserv, per se. What you need to do is
compose a message and save it in a text file on the system you use for
email, then set up a scheduled request under the operating system you use
when you read your email. This request simply sends out the message at the
appointed time. How to do this specifically depends on the operating
system you use, your email software, and the availability of scheduling
software on your sytem.

On Unix, which is what I use for email, I just set up a crontab entry
to accomplish this. Its a very trivial thing. I have no idea how someone
would do this on Windows NT or Windows 98, which I am guessing you use.