Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 16:33:30 -0500
I'd like to thank Doug for speaking up.  Even when I recently asked for
some *technical* problems to be resolved, I've gotten virtually no response.
As I'm not on a BITNET site, I have no way of modifying my FILELIST
myself.  LB64 doesn't work on my system, and I know of no alternative
means.  This forces me to spend precious favors with my Listserv
maintainer who doesn't want to -- and shouldn't have to (and frankly, won't)
-- do this kind of work.  I'd like to think that there should be a way for a
list-owner who is neither on BITNET nor on a technically correct Unix site to
GET, edit, and PUT his own FILELIST.  I note that it's possible to GET a
UUencoded version of FILELIST.  I wish it were possible to PUT it in a
similar fashion.

Anyhow, I was surprised at the lack of effective response to a problem that
I think would plague all list-owners except those who are based at
certain technically-capable sites.  So it's not just philosophical/policy
questions that aren't being addressed these days.

(I will appreciate any further technical help on my stated problem.)

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]