"Erich L. Markert" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:55:45 -0400
I understand that this isn't a list management password perse, but why give people a
perceived capability?  I just think that approval of these web passwords should go to the
listowners for approval and not back to the requesting individual if for no other reason
than to let the listowners know who is making these types of requests.

Pete Weiss wrote:

> This is NOT a list management password per se, but a password associated
> with the userid@node at that particular LISTSERV host.
>
> Once the password is assigned, what ever the userid@node has permission
> to do (which requireres a password) can then be done either by email or http.
>
> /Pete

Mr. Erich L. Markert                 [log in to unmask]
USMA Webmaster                           TEL (914)938-6463
Directorate of Information Management    FAX (914)938-7308
United States Military Academy
West Point, NY 10996

"If you put three drops of poison into a 100 percent pure Java,
you get ... Windows. If you put a few drops of Java into Windows,
you still have Windows."
                -- Sun Microsystems CEO, Scott McNealy