Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:18:07 GMT
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:30:04 +0200, redaktionen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Some - quite a few, actually - adresses don't recive this e-mailpaper
>although we have the right adresses - that is, I can communicate with them
>directly, but _not_ via the listserv.

Take 1 of these addresses & do the following test:

Send these 2 commands to your listserv host command address

QUIET SET listname NOMAIL FOR person@address
SET listname MAIL FOR person@address

What this does is momentarily turn off their mail subscription, then turn
it back on.  The QUIET command on the first means no notice will be sent
to the user by LISTSERV, but the absence of the word QUIET on the second
line means LISTSERV will send a notification message to the user.

Now, watch to see if that notification message 'bounces' back to you with
some kind of address or routing error.  (this might take a day).  If you
get an error msg, post it here so we can help decode it.

Essentially, we are forcing LISTSERV to send a message to that address,
and we want to see if that produces an error, which would be the same
error that might be interfering with List messages.  It does little good
if you send mail to the address directly, it has to be routed through
LISTSERV system, and this is the way to do it.

Also do a QUERY command for that user address and post the results.

  QUERY listname FOR person@address

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]