"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:40:59 -0400
In a message dated 96-09-19 03:12:51 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Helge
Niska) writes:

> My list is steadily growing too big for me. I would like to hand over the
>  ownership to somebody else, but noone seems to be willing to take it over
>  full-time. So we are working on a solution with two or three people
sharing
>  the responsibility. What is the experience of LSTOWN-L members of such a
>  solution?

I have four excellent assistant list owners on Belief-L, who do most of the
day-to-day work that my busy schedule doesn't permit me to attend to. I think
the main reasons we work well together are:

(1) Each of the assistant list owners is a long time, active participant on
the list and is familiar with its culture
(2) We keep in frequent contact
(3) List guidelines clearly delineate responsibility
(4) My word is final in all decisions -- even if it contradicts the assistant
list owners' recommendations -- and everyone understands and agrees with it.

The most important thing is to have assistant list owners you can trust, and
who trust and get along with each other (even if only professionally).

--David O'Donnell