Michael Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Feb 2019 22:04:28 +0000
I would recommend doing this through the Subscriber Report page of the web interface, if it's available to you.

1. Under List Management -> List Reports, select Subscriber Reports.

2. Place a check mark next to Restrictions if it is not already present. Click Submit to display the Restrictions column, if you have to place a checkmark.

3. At the bottom of the page, enter 200 in the box labeled Subscribers per Page:. This way, you can set restrictions for your entire subscription list at once. Click Submit to refresh the page and display all subscribers.

4. Click "Check All" at the upper left corner of the subscriber list.

5. Go through the list and UNCHECK the names/addresses of the individuals you DO WANT TO POST.

6. At the bottom of the Restrictions column, select No Post from the available options.

7. If you want to send an email to all subscribers notifying them of the change, place a checkmark next to "Send email notification of changes" in the lower right corner. By default, a notification will not be sent.

8. Click on Submit.

All subscribers with a checkmark will now silently be set to NO POST.

Alternately, you can configure the header to SEND= Editor and list the ten addresses as editors. Or simply [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],etc. so that only those specific addresses can send to the list at all anyway.

- -

Michael Crocker | IT Manager

Service Desk | Division of Information Technology

Texas A&M University

3363 TAMU | College Station, TX 77843-3363

Tel. 979.845.8300 | [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

    My list already has 200 people subscribed. Of these 200 people, there are 190 that I want to set as NOPOST. Can I do this with the following, which I would send to the listserv as a command email? I am assuming that I can include 190 lines of text in my command email, yes? In other words, 1 line for each of the 190 users.

    On a related note: I am aware that I can set the configuration of the list to NOPOST by default. I know how to do it, but there are certain reasons (which I cannot detail here) for which I do not wish to set NOPOST to be a default setting.

    QUIET SET listname NOPOST FOR user1@address

    QUIET SET listname NOPOST FOR user3@address

    QUIET SET listname NOPOST FOR user3@address

    QUIET SET listname NOPOST FOR user4@address