"Jeff Finlay, NYU" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 02:17:03 -0500
I installed TOPICs in my list header and today discovered that some
of my subscribers were set to topics=none, some to topics=all and
some to the designated topics. It is highly unlikely people would
have set topics for themselves, as I've never announced it as an
option and as TOPICs use on the list is very much in an experimental
phase. How could it happen that listserv would set the topics by itself
like this?

I reset everyone to topics=all, and then reset those who'd been on nomail
to nomail and those who'd been on digests to digests. Not being very adept
in the programming sphere, it left me with a queasy feeling. How do I
avoid listserv playing this trick on me again?

Jeff