Kevin Brunson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 20:45:25 EST
Before I go home for the evening let me try to describe an occurrence
that prompted my question.

For the list in question Daily-Threshold is the default of 50.

On Monday the owner of HP-DELIV sent a message to the list to report an
outage with the HP.  Coincidentally, the campus SMTP server was puking
so deliveries to the ND.EDU node were spastic.  Learning this, the owner
sent her message again and received a reply from Listserv that it
detected a duplication of a message so it would not deliver the second
one.  I have not seen the message but I know that the person is
competent so for now I assume she is correct.

Now on Tuesday, she started checking and no one on the list admitted to
receiving the message.  Further, I looked at the archives for the list
and there has been nothing posted to it since August 28!   Listserv has
been running smoothly and there is no backlog of deliveries.

Can you fathom a way this could have happened?  Would information be in
Listserv's logs?  Doug McKeown has been gone for 2 days and I'm still
not comfortable with some aspects of VM such as searching logs.  When he
returns tomorrow I can turn it over to him if you have any suggestions.

On Tue, 12 Sep 1995 22:06:16 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>For DAILY-THRESHOLD messages.
>
>  Eric

            Kevin          **   SIGNATURE LITE **