George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 22:13:48 EST
Alvin Tan <[log in to unmask]> is the latest to make the rounds, submitting
multiple requests to join a host of private lists.  Messages to his address
are returned "user unknown".  I've sent a request to postmaster to look into it.

This is becoming an all too frequent phenomenon: a user signs on to
everything, including repeated attempts to subscribe to private lists (of
course this keeps them out, but the repeated requests over a range of lists
wastes my bandwidth).  These addresses almost always turn out to be invalid,
so I don't understand how even the more nefarious motives would apply.  What
am I missing?

Thanks and HNY

George Buckner
Listowner, Psyche-D and [log in to unmask]