"Eng-Leong \"Jacky\" Foo" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 25 May 1997 07:29:36 +0900
Thanks for the responses on the subject.

>Strictly from a mail client point of view, you could cut the
>message received from LISTSERV via the GET listname (HEADER
>command and paste in a new message, edit it for any changes
>you wish to make and send it back to LISTSERV.  This does
>work with most Windows based mail clients.  If you can't do that,
>perhaps you could export the message from LISTSERV to a text
>file, edit it and import it into a new message to LISTSERV.

Between @ias.unu.edu and @segate.sunet.se, I am co-listowner of about 50
mailing lists. So to facilitate my work as I need to change my
listowner/editor name whenever I have an extended travel ( twice a year) or
when a co-listowner is on mission (I then take over listowner/editor
responsibility), I have all the headers in one folder in Microsoft Exchange
and then forward all of them with their changes in half an hour. This works
perfect with Windows 95.

In NT, I have to cut and paste and this would take more time to do the job.

Thanks Ben Parker for reposting  Russ <[log in to unmask]>  message. I
have given his instructions to our IT person here.

Pete Weiss at Penn State: thanks for your addendum and I will replace my
REVIEW files with the GET files in case there are any hidden keyworks.

regards
jacky