Bob Zenhausern <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 08:58:41 EDT
The recent information on the statistics of lists prompts me to tell you
about some of the statistics that are available about individual lists.
For example, the stat command provides a frequency distribution on
the number of messages posted by individual members.  From this, one
can make statements about the "leaders" of a list.  How many leaders
are there? Are they male or female? How does this vary from list to
list?  The index command provides the number of lines posted monthly
and shows the seasonal variation and growth or decline in a list.
Much more detailed information is available through the use of Ldbase.
The ftp archives contain a summary of the work I have done in this area
and was recently published in Electronic Journal of Virtual Culture.

How  to Access the St. Johns Education and Rehabiliation Archives

ftp sjuvm.stjohns.edu
log in as anonymous (you will not be asked for a password)
cd public.100
ls (optional, but it shows the files in the archive
get infoage.net
quit

Bob Zenhausern, Ph.D.        Internet: [log in to unmask]
St. John's University        Unibase: [log in to unmask]
SB 15 Marillac               Phone:  718-990-6447
Jamaica, NY 11439            Fax:    718-990-6705