"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:18:53 -0700
Hi -

I have been looking at documentation for a couple of hours now, and I am finally asking the list to make sure I have not just ridiculously overlooked something. (On 1.8d, btw, until Thursday this week.)

I am retiring 3 lists today. I have changed them to header config:

The <listname> list is retired as of 7/1/02

Subscription= Closed
Ack= Yes
Confidential= No
Validate= No
Reply-to= List,Ignore
Review= Owners
Send= Owner
Default-Options= NOPOST
Auto-Delete= No
Errors-To= Owner
Owner= [log in to unmask]
attachments= no
Notebook= Yes, z:\archives, Weekly, Public
Daily-Threshold= 1000

I would like to QUIETly set all subscribers to NOPOST, but I want the rejection notice to be more forthcoming in terms of why and what we want them to do (which is subscribe to one of the new replacement lists we've created).

I have figured out how to QUIETly set the lot to NOPOST, but I have no idea if I can modify the rejection slip to have more information.

Any suggestions are welcome, and I apologize if this is me being a bad archive-searcher.

TIA!

Shannon  :-)

Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor WebMistress