Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Feb 2017 19:40:01 +0000
text/plain (1 lines)
David --

You said:

What do you consider to be the "participation limitations of GoogleGroups"?

For months now, regularly (but not consistently), the list has bounced messages to it with this error notice:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[address]

Technical details of permanent failure: 

The group [group name] has exceeded its quota for total number of external recipients

On various occasions there has been a flurry of complaints. The listowner has said that he has discovered the problem:

I was not aware of the 50,000 message outside the owner’s domain [address] in this 

case) per 24 hours. It turns out that with our subscriber base that happens after 14 to 15 

messages in a 24 hour period and causes the message you quote that group “exceeded its quota 

for total number of external recipients.”

He has said he and the organization "have been investigating solutions within Google Groups as well as the possibility of moving to a different service." As far as I know, nothing has happened; I've put the list into a bozo filter and have stopped trying to participate, since the last three or four times I sent anything (I might post once a month or so) I've received that (fairly user-surly, I think) error message. I'm pretty sure others have as well. Seems a poor way to foster discussion.

-- Russ

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list:

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]

or click the following link:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2