Mon, 8 Aug 1994 20:02:07 -0400
For all I know, we may be reading different trade magazine which
are reporting different things.

I received my information from last week's InfoWorld, dated July 25
1994, pgs 1 & 8.

Here are some quotes from the article entitled "IBM sets PowerPC
rollout for October":

"The PowerOpen specification...is the PowerPC Unix OS desigtned to
run applications developed on a number of different operating
systems"

"The operating system will ship in the fall, in time for the
October announcement of IBM first PowerPC personal computers."

"The 32-bit OS is expected to require a minimum of 16mb of RAM and
work with PowerPC based systems from IBM and Apple. Both companies
will introduce the OS under their own labels"

and relating to the mac personality:

"However, the Mac application services module, designed to give the
OS its ability to run Mac applications will not be part of the
initial announcement"

So, from this I'd guess that in October, LISTSERV will be able to
run on both IBM and Mac PowerPCs running AIX under PowerOpen (or is
AIX becoming PowerOpen?)

John