Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
ROBERT COLLINS <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:54:47 +0000
text/plain (47 lines)
Thanks much.  You have provided much help and insight into the question.

I was able to verify the user was in deed a subscriber at the time in question.  Secondly I was able to review the SMTP logs from our internal Exchange Relay server and verify the email was processed to the user's address.  Further review in the Exchange Mailbox server I could see the message arrive.

Thanks again for the pointers with this.
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV list owners' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of k p
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 18:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Member claims not receiving messages

Within LISTSERV via the web interface, the list owner can review the list CHANGELOG to see whether or not the subscriber left (or was removed
from) the list before that message went out; or if the subscriber was set to NOMAIL before that message.  This presumes the list has CHANGELOG active and it was active for sufficient time before the message in question.  If you find that the subscriber settings and status are OK, this means they SHOULD have received the message, but at this point you don't actually know - getting 'proof' requires more research in other places.

The LISTSERV site administrator can review the log for the time period surrounding the message in question, to see whether or not LISTSERV generated a message to that subscriber.  The administrator of the SMTP server used by LISTSERV for outgoing message handling can review the log to see whether or not a message reached it for the subscriber, and if so then see what happened when trying to deliver it.

I don't know what sort of logs Exchange keeps for incoming SMTP activity, so I can't offer suggestions for where you might look in that system to see whether or not the particular message for the particular subscriber arrived there - but this is the most authoritative source for the information you seek (did the message in question arrive in the subscriber's mailbox?) so you'll have to look there too, for details around the time of the message being sent by LISTSERV, to answer the subscriber's complaint of missing mail.

On 1/30/2014 12:10 PM, ROBERT COLLINS wrote:
> I have a member of one list who claims to not have received a 
> particular message. I also administer our Exchange environment and can 
> see the member has been receiving current messages.
>
> Where can I look in the Listserv interface to verify this member was 
> sent the particular message?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob Collins
> Rainy south Florida.

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: