Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 12:19:32 -0400
It's been my experience that if a notebook is marked Private then only
those who login to the LISTSERV(tm) site with their password who also
are owners/subscribers of the list in question (or site postmaster) can
see any archive content at all, much less any email addresses that might
appear therein.  In other words, if the notebook is Private, and you can
see anything at all in it, then you'll see the email addresses too.  Can
you give a more detailed illustration of the circumstances where you
observe otherwise, perhaps, including the host site software version?
The behavior for email address display in Public notebooks was not
"protected" in earlier releases.

I must have asked this question wrong.

How do I configure a list so that only people with a password can get
access to email addresses in the archive?  I've been
looking through the help menus, and I must be looking in the wrong
places. It's probably obvious, but it's escaping me.

-- Russ
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/