Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:56:14 -0700
On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:52:34 -0600, Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On 30 Dec 97 11:49:36 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:38:18 -0600, Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>>If you do a new command, you get the same message. If you try to
>>>change or cancel the password, it says there is no password
>>>registered.
>>>
>>>Thanks and everything else seems normal. I am getting messages and can
>>>write messages and can do commands that do not require a password.
>>
>>Send the PW RESET command.
>>
>>You will either get a msg saying no such pwd or you will be asked to confirm
>>this operation (do so if it does).  It doesn't really matter which case it is,
>>we need to start from a know state.
>
>OK, I sent a PW RESET. Here is the answer.
>
>---------------------------
>> PW RESET
>[log in to unmask] does not have any password on record for your
>[log in to unmask] address.
>----------
>
>So I sent a command, PW ADD XXXX    with the x's being my password.
>
>>Then Send the PW ADD new_password  command.
>
>I sent a "PW ADD XXXX"    x is my password and I did not send the "'s
>
>Here is my answer.
>------------------
>Date:         Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:35:06 -0600
>From:
> "L-Soft list server at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (1.8c)"
><LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject:      Output of your job "billh"
>To:           Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
>message-id: [log in to unmask]
>
>> PW ADD XXXXXX
>
>Summary of resource utilization
>-------------------------------
> CPU time:        0.004 sec                Device I/O:        1
> Overhead CPU:    0.002 sec                Paging I/O:        0
> CPU model:        9672                    DASD model:     3380
>------------------
>
>That's it. I never get anything else. It never asks for a
>confirmation. I tried a OK on this message but got a answer that it
>could not extract the code from the Subject line. A change will say
>that I do not have a Password, use the add command to make one.
>

>>You should get a response from the server is a couple minutes asking you to
>>confirm it with "OK"  Do so (and post a copy of whatever msg you get here), then
>>you should get a confirmation msg that your pwd has been accepted.
>
>See above. I never get this.
>
>Thanks for your help.

OK this is LISTSERV running under VM.  It may be due to a site-specific problem
with an old (BITNET era) 'List-Exit' that prevents you from entering or
confirming your password in the normal manner.  You will need to contact the
Site Admin for help with this:  [log in to unmask] or Darren Evans-Young
 Ben Parker ..... L-Soft international Inc. ..... [log in to unmask]