Tue, 22 Nov 1994 15:13:32 -0600
On Tue, 22 Nov 1994, Spiros Liolis wrote:

> When I issue the command: GET listname (nolock pw=list_pw

> When I get the file the very first line that used to say
> PUT listname PW=XXXXXXXX is missing...
>
> This happens with the list HELLAS peer at PSUVM only. UGA and AUVM sends
> me the whole thing.

It probably has to do with which version of LISTSERV the nodes are
running.  When UBVM switched from 1.7f to 1.8a the PUT line disappeared
from the list header (that's all I ever get, not the entire list).
I asked about it and, if I recall correctly, Eric said the change
was for security reasons.  However, he said he'ld put it back for
use only when you use the (head option.  I think if you want it
restored for when you get the entire list you'll have to convince
Eric it's really needed.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner