"Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 08:18:35 -0700
I have made a small boo-boo in my AFD filelist and need help to repair
it.  There are a couple of very nice people who have been helping me with
AFD in general, but I just can't seem to fix my filelist.  I find the
filelist commands to be harder to do than the listserv list commands.

What I think happened is this: I did a get of the filelist, which
includes the notebooks.  I then did a get with the (ctl option, wich
does not have the notebooks.  I wanted to do an update, to add some new
files.  But I think I used the first one to do the update, so the
notebook names now appear twice when I do a regular get!  By notebook I
mean the monthly archives.

I then did a get with (ctl, and deleted the lines that have the notebook
entries, and wrote it back, but it gets rejected since the files really
are there.  I have tried this several times, and I just cannot get rid of
the double listing of the notebooks.  It seems it cannot be fixed just by
writing back the filelist, at least not in the regular way.

This seems like a possible listserv bug to me, to have what appear to be
duplicate files in ones filelist.  The list name is 'Prostate' and also in
my list 'Hem-Onc'.  Although I think it was my error that caused this, the
original put that created the duplicate names should have been rejected,
I would think.

One solution might be to actually delete the noteboooks, and then do the
get with (clt and and the put and that would clean it up.  But then I
have no notebooks!  If I delete them this way, and clean up the filelist,
and then put the notebooks back as files... will they really be
notebooks?  Will everything be right?  Or are the notebooks treated
differently with listserv than regular files?

Thanks,

Kevin

SIGNATURE  Kevin J. Sinclair,  [log in to unmask],  USA Pacific Time Zone
*  URL  <http://rdz.stjohns.edu/kidopedia/> <http://www.computer.com/home>
* OWNER of some Internet mailing lists; email for info to these addresses:
*   1.  [log in to unmask]    -  WWW Encyclopedia made by children
*   2.  [log in to unmask]  -  Searching for Medical Information
*   3.  [log in to unmask]     -  Cancer, Prostatitis, PBH diseases
*   4.  [log in to unmask]      -  Leukemia, Lymphoma, and M.Myeloma