Song Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 16:47:43 -0500
I personally don't like sending digests out at midnight-- almost all my
lists are set to send them out at 6am est.  That's partially a personal
quirk-- when I first started doing this, I used to always be up at 6, so
I'd know the digests I read in the morning would all be very recent.  I
also figured that it would be better to include this so that posts sent
after midnight on the West coast would still show up in the day's digest.

I don't have a good solution for you as a listserv maintainer, except that
having the largest lists set to distribute their digests at off-peak hours
(maybe between 4 and 6 am? EST?)  could probably help matters considerably.

Regarding posts-per-person limits and daily post limits, I don't think
that's too relevant, since those limits are -daily-, whether spooled over
to the next day or not, they still count -somewhere-.

--Julie

--
[log in to unmask]       http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~julie/

Julie Waters / JULIET SWEAR / WAITER JULES  / jules WEAR IT / jules EAR WIT
/ SEW julie ART / REUSE LIT JAW / jail STEW RUE / jilt USER AWE / WILT US A
jeer /