Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 07:48:03 +0100
On Mon, 20 Feb 1995 18:00:55 -0600 "Laurence A. Bates"
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>It appears to  me that you have incorrectly stated  your case. You claim
>that "The prices you got are not public and are not being offered to the
>general public" but as the  following email message indicates the prices
>that I  quoted were prices that  were sent to  me as John Q.  Public and
>represented the  prices of  a shipping product.  As the  following email
>extract indicates,  they had nothing to  do with the Beta  agreement and
>clearly were not covered by any agreement explicit or otherwise.

Laurence,

I'm afraid I  stand by my original claim. Our  salesmen have instructions
not to  issue quotes  for anything  but the  graduated licenses  when the
requests come  from John Q.  Public. In  fact, they have  instructions to
first tell John Q. Public that the software is still in beta, and provide
the [log in to unmask] address  as a point of contact  for further information.
If the  customer asks for  pricing they forward a  copy of the  VMS price
list for graduated licenses with an  indication that this is the expected
pricing for the NT version. We  could find dozens of customers to confirm
that this is what happens. Now, Elena should probably have clarified that
all the prices she gave you were for beta sites, and that the product was
not shipping  to John Q. Public.  But she probably figured  that you knew
this,  being  on  the  beta  list and  having  received  all  appropriate
information a few days before, to wit: