"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Mar 1994 13:59:00 EST
TOPICS only works with MAIL distribution, and not DIGEST nor

As far as using size limitation on DIGEST distribution to delimit
so that FAQs are sent separately, good luck :-( -- I think you'll
be changing your size limits every other month.

Hey, I've got an idea?  Why not setup your FAQ as a file and store it in
a filelist, then folks can "subscribe" to it either as a Automatic File
Distribution (AFD) or Update Notification (FUI).

The file can be automagically distributed as e-mail or a file e.g.,

AFD ADD FAQ list F=MAIL

(FUIs are already mail.)

You could still provide your own psuedo-FUI on-list by "normal"
postings saying, "I've updated the FAQ file -- you may retrieve
it by ..."

Those that are interested will followup on your advise.

/Pete ([log in to unmask])  --  co-owner  INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L,  et -L
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA