Michael Quinion <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:25:22 +0100
Many thanks to everyone for your comments and advice.

There is one argument for using HTML that I didn't go into. Since my
newsletter is about language, it would often be helpful to be able to
include entities or Unicode for accented characters. And I do sometimes
post images to the RSS version.

But you have confirmed my view that this is one box it's better not to
open. The idea of putting a formatted version on the Web site is a good
alternative for those who really want a pretty version and it would be
very easy to create using code based on the RSS output.

--
Michael Quinion
+44 1454 411128