Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:51:54 -0400
At 15:11 6/16/2006 Friday, Richard A. Chefetz, M.D. wrote:
>A number of my list members have been trying to do that. Usually they end up
>leaving the list, by accident.

Personally, I have found that it is generally worth my while to assist subscribers who have difficulty, or lack of time, doing so themselves.

There are several bonus points when I [owner] get involved:

1) I am able to be helpful to someone who appreciates the help -- this is a win-win

2) Sometimes, it is an organization that is changing their hostname and I am able to preempt n-people requesting / having problems with changes.  If lucky, I can do a

	CHANGE listname *@oldhost *@newhost PW=pswd

3) Sometimes the old subscription address is not the current subscriber address and therefore (subscriber) can not change it to the NEW address

But then again maybe I'm just a masochist?

/Pete Weiss