Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:05:38 -0500
>Because of an error by my co-list owner (I, of course, am perfect ;-) ), I
>have ended up with a bad subscriber address on my list. It looks like
>this: "x@@y.z" . The problem is that, even though the address appears on
>the list, the server insists that this person is not subscribed when I
>issue a "delete listname x@@y.z" command.
>
>Help!
>
>Ione

Three things here to suggest:

1.  Perhaps the addres was never subscribed.  I have occasionally mistyped
e-mail addresses when adding or changing addresses for a subscriber, and
listserv seems to check to see that the address does in fact exist before
it subscibes the address.  You can check this with a quick "review
listname" and see if the address actually was subscribed.

2.  If the address really does exist on your list, you could try and
delete it using a wildcard.  I have the funny feeling that it is coughing
at the two @s and doesn't really know what to do with it.

3.  If you have access to the web interface for your list, go to
add/remove subscribers and delete the address from there.

Glenn