Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 16:59:09 +0000
I've been looking for this for a bit; I always hate to ask question I'm pretty sure will have been asked and answered before, but I'm not having any luck finding this.

An organization I was involved with for a few decades is winding up operations. We had a very active listserv, discussing subjects which many of the members of the group -- and others in the discipline -- might want to have access to. The listserv was hosted for many years at the University of New Brunswick, where I was listowner, and then was moved to the University of Toronto. Now, we'd like to be able to take the archives and move them yet again, and make them available to search. We've space on a server maintained by a similar organization. Moving the files themselves would be no problem: the challenge is creating -- or finding already created -- a front end that would enable access.

The only discussion of anything like this I could find on LSTOWN-L was last March --,

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?A2=ind1703&L=LSTOWN-L&D=0&X=18397DCAB890A5258B&Y=hunt%40stu.ca&P=1474

-- and I'm not sure I understood what was being proposed. I have some hope that this is a problem that's already been solved, in some straightforward way. Has it been discussed on this list? Is there something in a LISTSERV manual that I couldn't find?

-- Russ

-- Russ Hunt
Professor Emeritus of English
St. Thomas University