Keith Trimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 02:11:22 PST
On Sun, 20 Nov 1994 00:00:58 +0100 Automatic digest processor said:
>Date:    Sat, 19 Nov 1994 10:46:08 -0600
>From:    Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Recent posting for Syllabus

>If I remember correctly, they didn't post directly to my lists (even though
>my lists are send=public).  I'm pretty sure I got direct mail from the
>Syllabus people, starting with "Dear Listowner."
>   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])

Well, I certainly didn't receive a 'Dear Listowner' message, so you must have
been one of the 'selected' listowners referred to in an earlier message.  I
first saw messages about this here on LSTOWN-L, then received an error message
from Listserv (mail received from a user who had been served out, as jr, my
postmaster, related earlier).  *However*, the attempt to post was followed
the next day by an attempt to subscribe.  [Since subscription to GAY-LIBN
is By_owner, and the CC: bounced as a result of the disabled mailbox, I
ignored the request without bothering to explain why...  ;-) ]  But, I
found this confusing.  If a user is served out, can s/he still send a
subscription request and have that request be processed?  Seems to me
that Mr./Ms. C had someone serve him/her back on before the mailbox was
disabled.  Can postmasters/Listserv Maintainers add Mr./Ms. Squared to a
permanent filter?

Later,
kt