Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:31:15 +0000
If you disable bounce processing and stop deleting bad addresses, eventually you will get blacklisted by the big ISPs. A legitimate sender would not keep sending more and more and even more mail to an AOL address that no longer exists - only a spammer would do that, so they will assume you are one. But that won't happen instantly. Your list is currently "clean" since you had bounce processing enabled, it will get "dirty" over time but not instantly.

We're going to release the update today. We're walking a fine line between rushing out the release since Yahoo and AOL are doing so much damage to the entire e-mail list community, and giving the code some serious testing on large, live servers. Yahoo landed this on us without warning and at a time when I and a few of my colleagues were stuck in projects with hard deadlines. I think it was particularly obnoxious of Yahoo to do that just before Tax Day given that most lists are managed on people's free time. If I had the time, I would hand them another Goodfellas press release; they certainly deserve it.

  Eric

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 17:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Problem now with From: *@aol.com

Can you say more about what that means?  Who will blacklist what and why?
I had to disable bounce processing on a large busy listserv I manage last week because about 90 users were about to be unsubscribed and I didn't have time to handle it any other way, and so far the boogeyman hasn't come out.
-h