"David W. Baker" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 18:33:14 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, "LISTSERV list
owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The question is this: if I as list owner UNsub someone, they do not get
> the farewell message!  Why?  I am NOT using the quiet command; I just 'del'
> them from the list, and they do not get the farewell.  But I want them to.

   The DELETE and SIGNOFF command are two separate commands. The latter
sends the farewell message to which you refer and the former receives
another message - by default just saying who executed the command and
when. If you want to change the DELETE confirmation to include you
farewell message text, you can do that by editing your MAILTPL (procedure
describe in List Owner doc at <URL:http://www.lsoft.com/>.
   Personally, I find it quite useful to have my DELETE message say
something very different from the SIGNOFF message.

--dwb--

David W. Baker | [log in to unmask] | <URL:http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/>