Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 May 1997 17:29:25 -0600
At 09:47 AM 5/9/97 GMT, Ben Parker wrote:
>It could be the From: lines, it could also be the sample message lines
>
>Try putting the familiar reply/quote char ">" in the left column and/or
>try indenting the From: lines and especially the sample msg. lines.

From my experience that does NOT work, no matter what character you use in
margin.  LISTSERV is parsing the whole message looking for From lines that
are self-referential, no matter where they are, or what is in front of them.

>(In my quote below, I have added 1 blank space after the >, this usually
>always passes the LISTSERV filter)

It made it here, just as the original post did, but that is because it
isn't the same list.  Change that to headers for THIS list and you'll find
out it won't make it.  Self-referential is the key.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534