Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 Sep 1996 23:12:57 -0400
Hello folks,

I inherited a listserv list which has "Reply-to" set to "List,Ignore".
I'm trying to figure out what this does, and what the legal values
for "Reply-to" might be, and what the effect is.

To shorten a long story, it's a list where some of the traffic
is email games, and when a player replies to the list instead of to
the poster, it can damage the results of the game.  We want to avoid
accidents.

I suggested people set IETFHDR, which works wonderfully for those
who do that (default reply then goes to the poster, not the list)

Anyway, I got the "INFO LISTOWNR" file from listserv, but is there
anythng I can use to get documentation on the legal values for
things such as "Reply-to="?  "INFO LISTOWNR" uses in its examples:
"Reply-to= List,Respect", but doesn't discuss what that means.  Does
that mean it will pass a poster's "Reply-To:" header through?  If
so, that would suffice.

I'd really like a pointer to a full documentation, but even any
help with this one would be appreciated.

Thanks muchly in advance,
Stan.  ([log in to unmask])