David Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 11:57:50 -0800
Sorry to bother folks with such a basic question, but I haven't been able
to get very far with my local LISTSERV manager.

I am the owner of a list called VOCNET, which has no FILELIST, as far as
LISTSERV is concerned (it is 1.8a running on a VM/CMS system - UCBCMSA).
Consequently, INDEX VOCNET gets a message saying "VOCNET FILELIST is not
yet available".  I would like to create a WELCOME message, and create my
own VOCNET MAILTPL file to change some of the DEFAULT MAILTPL messages, but
I take it that I can't do that until there is a VOCNET FILELIST.

My question:  How does the local VOCNET administrator create the VOCNET
FILELIST, so I can PUT my files?

Once the filelist is created, do I use, e.g.,

PUT VOCNET MAILTPL VOCNET

as the first line of the file sent to LISTSERV?

I am foggy on how CMS really works, so I ask your indulgence.  Thanks for
any help anyone can provide.

David Carlson
UC Berkeley

David Carlson           [log in to unmask]            800-762-4093
National Center for Research in Vocational Education    Berkeley, California
VocServe bulletin board     <-JOIN US!->    VOCNET listserv discussion group
telnet: vocserve.berkeley.edu          subscribe: [log in to unmask]