"Ray Magauran, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 17:53:07 -0400
We have a small list that is moderated.  All posts are edited with proper
TOPICS  placed in the Subject line.  Most of the subscribers are in DIGEST
mode.  All post have the editor's email address on the "FROM:" line.
Lead-in statements are added to the body of the text to remind the
subscribers what the original thread was and to identify who the post is
from.  Is it possible to somehow have the FROM: line in the digest posts
(not the top header of the digest itself - that has the list's name) to
read either:

a.  address of original poster
b.  the list's name
c.  something other than the editors' email addresses?

Some of our current settings:
*  Review= Editor
*  Subscription= By_Owner
*  Safe= No
*  Send= Editor
*  Editor-Header= Yes
*  Notify= No
*  Reply-to= List,Ignore
*  Files= Yes
*  Validate= No
*  Stats= Normal,Owner
*  Errors-To= Owner
*  Notebook= Yes,N5/VMSYSU:LISTSERV.OPHTHAL,Monthly,Private
*  Mail-Via= Distribute
*  Ack= No
*  Default-Options= noRepro, digests, shorthdr, norenew
*  Editor= [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
*  X-Tags= No

This is one of those things on my wish list and I don't mind if you just
say "No"...

Thanks for any help,
Ray Maguaran