Ngadi Widjaja Hermawati <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 10:56:00 -0700
On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, A Cyberwolf in the Fold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just became co-owner of a listserv-based list, on a site other than
> here. I've been doing fine with dealing with mail delivery problems, etc.,
> at least for the time, but, in looking at the documentation I've found
> (Keywords, Privledged Commands, etc.), nothing that tells me how to change
> options for the list (such as to notify the owner when someone subscribes,

        For changing the options of the list, you have to get the header
of the list by issuing GET LISTNAME (HEADER , then edit the header with
appropriate options. As of notify the owner when someone subscribes, you
can add  Notify= Yes.

example of list header you get when issuing GET YourLISTNAME (HEADER :

PUT YourLISTNAME LIST PW=XXXXXXXX
*
*  YourLISTNAME
*
*  Review= Private        Subscription= Open         Send= Public
*  Notify= Yes            Reply-to= List,Respect     Files= No
*  Confidential= No       Mail-Via= Distribute       Errors-To= Owner
*  X-Tags= Comments       Validate= All,Confirms     Stats= Normal,Private
*  Notebook= Yes,/home/listserv/logs,Monthly,Private

        And to look for a documentations, you can issue INFO and the
server will send you all of the documentations/manual available.

        Ngadi.-

> etc.), to change the name, etc. (our list's name probably infringes on
> a trademark, but it was there when I "inherited" the list a couple of
> weeks ago). I know that it's probably straight-forward and simple, but
> could someone point me in the right direction and let me know which
> documentation files I should obtain (other than the two I mentioned).
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> * Gary L. Flanagan               [log in to unmask] *
> * Librarian I (Cataloger)        Work phone: 606-783-5119         *
> * Camden-Carroll Library         Home Phone: 606-783-7290         *
> * Morehead State University      UPO Box 673                      *
> * Morehead, KY 40351             Morehead, KY 40351               *
> *               FAX: (606)783-2799                                *
> * "Our demands most moderate are, We only Want the Earth"-        *
> *     James Connolly                                              *

Ngadi Widjaja Hermawati           |
                                  |   "But if everybody obeyed that rule," said
[log in to unmask]  |    Alice, who was always ready for a little
[log in to unmask]      |    argument, "and if you only spoke when
[log in to unmask]       |    you were spoken to, and the other person
                                  |    always waited for you to begin, you see
 P.O. Box 42463                   |    nobody would ever say anything."
 Tucson, Arizona 85733-2463       |                             - Lewis Carroll
 U.S.A.                           |

Disclaimer:
For whatever, however and whenever you sent me, it will be mine
and it will be treated as I wish accordingly, unless otherwise
requested. My opinions are of my own, not the instituion that I'm
affiliated with. Other standard disclaimer applied.