Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:29:33 -0400
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
08/31/2005 06:49:10 PM:

> Is there a timeline for Listserv 15? And is there a list of expected
> features and changes? It's getting harder and harder to justify using
> listserv, so it would be really helpful if I could tell my users "That
> feature will be included in the next release, so we'll just wait and
> there is no reason to evaluate other products like X or Y right now".

And you think any other list management software will operate any
differently?  Imitation is sincerest form of flattery (well, perhaps after
outright plagery) and Listserv is the granddaddy of all list software.
Most (the rest I haven't looked into) of the list software I have seen
does exactly the same thing as Listserv with incoming mail. Ie, tear it
apart and rebuild a new message to the list members.

If that you are looking for is something that builds a header like

To: Person1, Person2
cc: ListMember1, ListMember2 ... ListMemberN

then you should look at something that can automate group management in
your native mail system (Notes/Exchange/Groupwise/etc).