Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:11:21 +0100
> If you are site maintainer you can do a "quiet del *
> [log in to unmask]"  then listserv will delete them from all the lists,
> and give you a report like:
> [log in to unmask] deleted from listA, [log in to unmask] deleted from
> listB, etc.
>
> after that you can "quiet add" them back in.

This is a destructive command (you will lose some data about your subscriber and there will be a time window when they will not get any mail that might come to the list). The DELETE command supports a TEST option that tells you what it would have done, but does not actually do it. This was very useful when implementing the command and there was no reason not to leave it in when done :-)

DEL * [address] (TEST

I still consider it dangerous because of the risk of making a typo or getting the syntax wrong.

  Eric