Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 12:41:06 -0400
Kevin J. Sinclair writes:

>HOWEVER NoMail might be better if Listserv had a 'heartbeat' - a small
>email message, sent lets say once a month, to each NoMail user.  Now,
>that would make it very easy for the NoMail user to remember his list
>subscriptions.  The Heartbeat would not have to go out very often.
>Perhaps it could be configurable but once a month seems reasonable to me.
>
>If all your subscibers used NoMail when they have a temporary absence,
>then the list of subscribers would be more accurate also.

I believe this is the intent of the periodic renewel function you can
define for your list.  I've tentatively set up my list to require
subscribers to renew their subscriptions every six months in the hopes
that this will clean out the NOMAIL accretion you mention.  If I'm
wrong about this, I'd appreciate hearing from someone with experience
at setting up and running lists over long periods with the renewal
options selected.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/~music