Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:09:44 +1000
While we're all in the mood for oofbot-bashing.... :)

Does anyone have any experience with Active Probing and oofbots?  I can see
a prime opportunity for a major loop to occur.  If a probe is genuinely
replied to, does LISTSERV see that as an error (and therefore kick in
AUTO-DELETE monitoring)?

The alternative would appear to be a loop where LISTSERV or the MX (which in
our case is LSMTP) rejects the message because the oofbot is replying to the
wrong address...to which the oofbot replies.....which is rejected....to
which the oofbot replies....ad nauseum.

I'd like to enable Active Probing but I want to know what can'o worms I'm
opening before I do.  All replies are appreciated.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.