Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 10:40:28 CST
On Sun, 17 Sep 1995 13:52:35 -0700, "Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]> said:
>The heartbeat idea, if built in to listserv, is a tool that helps the
>subscriber themselves manage the NOMAIL

Ok, I'll agree with that...

>                                        and therefore reduces the
>burden on the listowner.

But, I'm not sure I follow you on this point...  In what way is a
NOMAIL subscriber a burden on a listowner?  ...I suppose I could see
an argument that it's a burden on the LISTSERV...  Maybe...  although,
I'd probably take some convincing, even on that point...  But I don't
see how it's a burden on a listowner...

Bill