Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 18:30:50 EST
You don't need to nuke spammers.  Here once again is the anti-spamming
filter (God, I wish I could remember who came up with it...I'd be
likely to kiss him/her!)

* SEND= EDITOR
* EDITOR= Owner,(xxxxxx-L)

Where Owner can be replaced with a userid and FQDN, and (xxxxxc-L) is
replaced with the name of the list, i.e., (ACCESS-L) -- and yes, you need
the parenthesis.

What this does is makes every subscriber on the list a secondary editor,
so their posts go through.  Non-subscriber posts bounce to the primary
editor for disposition (in this case, the bitbucket).

The drawback is that suddenly, people who were posting just fine are going
to find out that their NADs have changed their addresses on them without
telling them (or some such thing) and their posts will bounce to the editor,
too.  It is a matter of how much trouble you want to go to to avoid casual
spamming.

Nathan