Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 May 1997 17:28:01 GMT
We are running a fully moderated list (Editor adds comments to all posts)
for teaching purposes.  I have set up the subscribers for renewal at a
3month interval, mainly to activate the probe feature that periodically
tests email addresses.

The problem is how can we get LISTSERV to recognize posts from individuals
(to 'count' them active for renewal purposes) since all posts go to the
moderator, are edited and reposted by him, and all msgs appear to come from
him (we can't find a Windows based editor pgm that will generate the
correct "resent..." header lines and also allow editing of the message).

Presently, the only solution would seem to be to periodically send the
CONFIRM command, so they don't get the renewal request, but Probe would
continue to work.  Any other ideas?

A possible long term solution (Eric ;-) would be for the Probe feature to
be turned on independently of the Renewal keyword.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]