Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:40:16 -0400
It depends. You may be able to eliminate most of these by adding

     Language= NoHTML

to your list configuration.

"Styled text" is usually HTML-ized text. If the sender is using an email
client which is properly configured to send both plain text and HTML
versions of the message as MIME attachments, LISTSERV will strip the HTML
attachment from the message, and will archive and distribute only the plain
text version of the message. Messages sent using email clients which embed
the HTML in the text, either by design (Eudora 3) or by misconfiguration
(almost any) will not be de-HTML-ized. For additional information, see
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appendb.html#keyLanguage>.

The Attachments= keyword may also be useful in these types of situations,
however, your host site must be running the LISTSERV 1.8d with the 2000B
level set to take advantage of this feature.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator