Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:27:06 EDT
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:22:23 -0400 Judith Hopkins said:
>On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Francoise Becker wrote:
>
>> On 22 Jun 98 at 23:51, Winship wrote:
>>
>> > faster Jim removed our '91-'96 archives from the location designated in
>> > Notebooks= and created a separate file for each year.
>>
>> The web archive interface only works on weekly and monthly logs, so
>> you'll need to change these to monthly if you want to search these
>> from the web.
>>
>> Francoise
>
>  The logs are still weekly; it is just that all the weekly logs for one
>year are in one file, those for another year in a different file, etc.

Let me modify that a bit.  <Any> logs you want to serve <must> be
in weekly/monthly/yearly format, that is to say, they must be named
appropriately (autocat.log96 / autocat.log9601 / autocat.log9601a).
Under unix they must also be in lower case, of course.  So if you don't
have the archives named this way, they won't show up.

Quite frankly I don't know why you'd do this but I suppose there's a
reason :)  It doesn't speed up searches.

Nathan