Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:06:28 -0500
I have received an error report indicating that our server apparently sent a
reply to a rejected post to the list instead of returning it to the
originator.

The template generating this reply was the
[MSG_POSTING_REJECT_BAD_ATTACHMENT] one, which is divided into particular
cases. The empty-message case is the one used, probably because the sender
tried to post in HTML and we're configured to strip it.

This happened with LISTSERV 15.0, but I think I saw it happen earlier
(probably with 14.5) and never figured out what caused it.

I'm not too worried about this instance, as the sender was trying to spam
us. But there could easily be a case in which this message ought to be sent
to a legitimate poster.

What controls where this response gets sent?

Hal Keen