Mike Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 3 Sep 1995 15:45:08 -0400
>Mr. Laws, I think you should be aware that there may be cross-posting
>of "for-profit junk mail" on list-servers under the address "Pete Roberto

I'm not a system admin, so I'm just assuming that the vm.ucs.UAlberta.CA is
part of the listserv distribution.  I received two spams very early this
morning, full headers copied below.  Once again, we apparently have a forged
address, free.org.  A finger of [log in to unmask] produces:

[rt66.com]

Login name: par                         In real life: Peter A. Roberto
Directory: /home/user/par               Shell: /bin/csh
Never logged in.
New mail received Sun Sep  3 13:03:21 1995;
  unread since Sun Sep  3 11:51:32 1995
No Plan.

RT66.com is an actual provider, and it seems that the spammers have set up
an account there to do some spamming over the holiday weekend.  Rt66 has
staff at work this Sunday afternoon.  I got a recording just now saying they
were out to lunch. Numbers:                    Office  (505)343-1060
                           Tech Support (505)343-1060
                           FAX (505)343-1061

Both free.org and rt66 are names appearing in previous Slaton spams.  rt66
though was used as a user name from nmia.com, who responded relatively
quickly and made noises of seeking legal action.  The drop off address is,
once again, an apparent PO box in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  Either this is
Jeff Slaton again, or someone working with him.

Copied headers: