"Vickie.Banks" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 11:28:00 EST
EDTECH didn't receive the spam directly.  (Possibly our new version
of Listserv stopped it, since I see it on other lists.)

Alas, it got through to our bit.listserv.edtech newsgroup though
(even though I didn't approve it).

I also got Panix's apology/cancel notice in my moderator account
for approval.  If I post that to the list, they won't know what's
going on, but the newsgroup ought to receive it.

So I'm left with handling the fallout from the newsgroup for
a message that the list itself never received.

Could someone tell me if there is a way to remove that unapproved
message from our newsgroup?  And do you know if someone is working
on the problem of unapproved messages getting posted simply
because the posted includes a line in the header that says:
that?

Thanks for your help,
Vickie Banks
EDTECH List Owner