Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 09:22:15 EST
Another reason not to manually add users (except, as others have said,
to a Subscription=By-Owner list) is that you don't know for sure if
LISTSERV has a clear mailing path back to the subscriber.  If the
subscriber sends a SUB request and the "Your subscription to list xxx has
been approved" message loses, you know there isn't a good mailing path
for some reason (i.e., a broken gateway).

I use Subscription=Open,Confirm on my public lists.  It saves me trouble.

Nathan