Charles Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:24:23 -0400
Bill - the (*) designation indicates that the template is from an older version of ListServ. On my list, when we upgraded from a earlier version to version 16, some of the old templates were preserved and are still used, and a newer version  template is coded to refer back to the settings in the older template version.

Your other template may be the "Welcome" message. If you want to suppress the sending of a templated message, you can enter the code:

.QQ

on the first line of the template coding. (The help sections on the mail template management webpage present info about codes.)

Charles Clausen